I’m doing better than good and better than most.
Work on yourself
- Engage in an ongoing process to develop you.
- “Many of us never realize our greatness because we become sidetracked by secondary activity” – Og Mandinos
- know how and when to say no
- “And before you know it, you wake up one day and you’re behind in your dreams and your bills.”
“You are the star of your show, you are the director, you’re writing the script and you will determine whether your life is a smash office hit or flop.” – Michael Todd
- Overcoming the negative conversation – You’ve got to stand up inside yourself sometimes and say shut up. You’ve got to do this. I am behind on my bills and you’re telling me what I can’t do. I have got to do it.
- watching that inner dialogue will determine the quality of your life.
- When you’re working on something you want to achieve, you have got to stand up to that voice. You’ve got to sell yourself every day on your abilities on what you’re doing, on the goal that you want to reach.
- Whatever we have right now, whatever we’re demonstrating in our lives is a result of what we believe sub-consciously that we deserve.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, it won’t happen for you.
- This is my day and nothing out here is going to stop me.
It takes courage to act
- courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm
- if you don’t have the courage to act, sometimes and particularly if you have something special to do, life will move on you.
- the truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it but at the end there it is. – Winston Churchill
- John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
- Wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, do it with everything that you have, develop the habit of giving more than what you’ve paid for.
- Do not go where the path may lead but go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Develop a sense of urgency
- stop living your life like you have a thousand years to live
- If there’s something that you want to do and you can’t do it all at one time do just a little bit of it.
- ‘By the yard, it’s hard but inch by inch anything is a cinch’. – Robert Schuller
- don’t be a great procrastinator
- How much time do you have left?
- Most of us don’t use the stuff that we have brought into the universe.
- Stop wasting valuable time.
- if we begin to live our lives as if each day were our last, our lives will take on a whole new meaning.
Honor yourself as your word.
- Don’t give your word out lightly.
- When you throw your word out there and you don’t honor it, it makes a statement about you.
- if I speak it, I’m going to live it
Learn the art of being single minded
- learn how to concentrate
- learn how to focus in
- learn how to block things out
- learn how to keep that eye single
- you’ll be surprised at the ideas that will come to you, of the people that you’ll be able to attract, of the opportunities that you’ll be able to see
- He said, ‘Well I got a good curveball and I’ve got a good fastball’, and he went on talking about his different throws. He said, ‘But tell me this: What is your best throw?’ He thought for a moment. He said, ‘I’ve got a good fastball’. He said, ‘That’s all I want you to work on. Nothing else, just develop your fastball’.
- Most people don’t know what their fastball is.
- Most people go through life never discovering what their talents are.
- Your gifts can take you many places if you develop your gifts.
- make a conscious deliberate determined effort to read one book a month in that area.
- I read a minimum of two books a week.
- Era of accelerated change, overwhelming complexity and tremendous competition
Whatever it is that you want to do, you want to do it massively
- And what do you mean too much? Are you behind on your bills? You’re talking about too much, you know one way to get back on your feet real quick is to miss two car payments, you’re talking about you’re tired.
- Decide that you’re going to push yourself. Most people won’t do that. Most people give up on themselves easily. You know the human spirit is powerful.
- “nothing can resist the will of a people that will stake even their existence on the extent of their purpose for good” – Benjamin Disraeli
- When you’re hungry you don’t care about the facts, you don’t care about the odds.
- “I ignored my critics. I just didn’t pay any attention to them.”- Doug Williams
- learn how to tune out the critics outside and the critic inside and say I’m going to do this, I’m going to harness my will.
You have got to be relentless
- learn how to become resourceful
- learn how to become creative
- in the Chinese language crises mean danger but it also means opportunity.
- I didn’t have sense enough to stop. I was intelligently ignorant, I didn’t know what I couldn’t do. So I just tried anything.
- Live your life with passion with some drive.
- what you do speaks so louder than what you say
- If you’re around folk who are dead and negative all the time, they will affect you.
- Abraham Lincoln refused to hire a guy because of his face. He said but the guy can’t help, but he said anybody over thirty is responsible for their face.
- So you’ve got to watch your consciousness, watch your face, have an uplifted expression, watch your body posture, all of these things affect you psychically.
- Most of us go through life without brakes on, holding back not giving all that we have, not sharing all of ourselves.
- Most of us go to our graves still holding on rather than releasing it – because of past experiences, past defeats, past pain.
- Many people get confused their performances with who they are.
- “tonight we were exposed for what we are right now” – Pat Riley
- the last chapter to your life has not been written yet and it doesn’t matter about what happened yesterday.
- I started going to the radio station every day developing a relationship with the people that were doing what I wanted to do.
- Whatever area you want to go and find people that are doing it the way you want to do it and develop a relationship with them.
- And every day I used to go home and work on my communication skills, developing myself.
- “it’s better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” – Whitney Young,
- When you want something out of life, don’t worry about how you’re going to get it. How is none of your business.
What this power is I cannot say; all I know is that it exists and it becomes available only when a man is in that state of mind in which he knows exactly what he wants and is fully determined not to quit until he finds it. – Alexander Graham